It's not quite a quiver full, but it's a start!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

But WHY?

It seems like life is full of WHYs. Why do bad things happen to good people? Why do good things happen to bad people? Why did that happen to me? Why didn't that happen to me? Why, Why, Why??? Have you ever prayed for God to just tell you WHY? Do you feel like He never answers?

He already has answered the WHY!
Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."

Isn't it the #1 rule we have as mommies? Don't ask me "why". I cannot stand when I tell my children to do something and they come back with that response! I cannot stand it because they should not require an explanation of me! I am their mother! I love them more than anyone else on this earth, I am looking out for their best interests, I am trying to teach them life's lessons so they can grow up to be prosperous adults. And they are going to sit here and ask me, "WHY"!?! My children should not require me to answer the "why" because it should be a given that the answer is, "because I love you and I want what is best for you."

If that is what I require of my children, then why is it I still feel the need for God (the all-knowing, all-seeing, all loving Father of ALL creation) to answer me when I ask Him, "Why"? And why do I keep asking when He has so clearly stated His reasons before? God has already made it known to us, "My child, it is because I love you and I want what is best for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you found encouragement and joy from my posts. I would love to hear what you have to say! It is my responsibility to make sure all of the content is uplifting, respectful, and true. Any comments that are viewed as personal attacks, false accusations, and any use of profanity will not be tolerated. Thank you, and please leave a comment that I will be able to post so others can be encouraged through your words as well!