It's not quite a quiver full, but it's a start!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

I Enjoy the Night


I enjoy the night...
I enjoy the quiet that comes when the sun goes down, the comfort when surrounded in darkness,
the sound of peacefully sleeping babies and a softly snoring husband.
I enjoy the privacy of being the only one awake, the feeling of being alone without having to be lonely,
the sense of being me and only me.
I enjoy the ability to let my mind wander, the peace of spending time alone in my own head,
the joy of listening to my thoughts uninterrupted.
I enjoy the closeness I can feel to everyone around me, the cloak of invisibility that surrounds me,
the secret way I can sneak from room to room to watch my babies sleep.
I enjoy the way I can forget the pain of the day, the hope of a new morning,
the escape into my dreams.
I enjoy the night, it's my favorite time of day...

3 comments:

  1. Hello. I am part of the bloggy moms community. I really like your site and I will continue to follow. Be encouraged.

    yourtotalself.com
    twitter: @yourtotalself.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am a new follower of your blog, love it :) I love the evening when the sun goes down and all the things that you mentioned too. Great post.
    Looking forward to reading more from you.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think there are some nights I could stay up all night just doing my own thing while everyone sleeps! Of course, it makes it difficult to wake up in the morning ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you found encouragement and joy from my posts. I would love to hear what you have to say! It is my responsibility to make sure all of the content is uplifting, respectful, and true. Any comments that are viewed as personal attacks, false accusations, and any use of profanity will not be tolerated. Thank you, and please leave a comment that I will be able to post so others can be encouraged through your words as well!