It's not quite a quiver full, but it's a start!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Tis the Night Before Christmas (and I'm a little crazy)

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring, seriously, one was moving and it was mama mouse!

The stockings were finally hung by chimney with care
In hopes Santa got his act together and soon would be there!

The children were finally wrestled, threatened and snug in their bed,
While visions of ipods and Xboxes danced in their heads.

Dad was laid up in his recliner taking a long winter’s nap,
And I just sat down facing 20 more presents to wrap.

When out on the porch I heard such a clatter,
My honey didn’t move so I pulled myself up to see what was the matter.


And what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But the fed ex man announcing my last minute gifts were finally here!

As I gathered my presents together and placed them under the tree,
The reality of my craziness of “to do lists” and “must do’s” hit me.

I faintly heard the playing of Joy to the World the Lord is come,
And quickly remembered the real meaning of Christmas and not what still had to done.

With all my mad dashing around and tying up loose ends,
I was missing celebrating the birth of our Savior with my precious family and friends. 

Our Savior was born on that first joyous Christmas day,
In a humble stable with only a cradle of hay.


It’s not about the decorations or my worrying about needless things,
It’s a wondrous time to celebrate the birth of the King of Kings


So I take my husband ‘s hand and over our children we prayed.
And gave Him thanks for our blessings of freedom, forgiveness and love we enjoy each day.

So as I lay down my head on that beautiful Christmas Eve Night
I rejoice and thank God for the greatest gift of Everlasting Life!

by Traci Lilley
(thank you, sweet friend, for sharing this with us...it is absolutely perfect!)

3 comments:

  1. I am Traci Lilley's sister-in-law and im so proud of this poem. She is an amazing person, sister, and friend who lives her life serving others. The world is a better place because of the love she outs in it. Merry CHRISTmas, everyone! -Kimberly Lilley Wood

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is BY FAR the best version I have ever heard! When she read it at the Christmas party I HAD to make sure I got her to give me a copy to share! It is so cute and funny and focuses perfectly on the true meaning of the season!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you found encouragement and joy from my posts. I would love to hear what you have to say! It is my responsibility to make sure all of the content is uplifting, respectful, and true. Any comments that are viewed as personal attacks, false accusations, and any use of profanity will not be tolerated. Thank you, and please leave a comment that I will be able to post so others can be encouraged through your words as well!