It's not quite a quiver full, but it's a start!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 5: Prayers for Avoiding Foolishness

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6



Day 5: Avoiding Foolishness

“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand." Matthew 7:24-26

Oh the prayer that can bring me to my knees and keep me there. Oh, that my sons will avoid foolishness, that they will run from it with all their might. I pray that my sons will build their lives on the firm foundation of Christ and not the slippery slope of the world. I know the times will come when poor decisions are made, and I will pray that my sons will always listen to the Lord's voice and turn away from those situations. I pray they will rise above their childish ways, their immaturity, and embrace a life beyond all of those things.

I pray that they will never be foolish enough to believe their mistakes, no matter how terrible they may seem, are the end of the world. That they will never believe the lies that their life is meaningless, but will seek always to fulfill their greatest purpose. My deepest heart's cry is that they do not fall prey to the biggest foolishness of all, the belief in the world's view of Christ, of the world's view of Christianity, and that they will instead embrace who God truly is and what He truly calls us to be.



Lord, we pray over our sons decisions. We pray that they will refrain from the foolishness of this world, that they will reject the lies of the devil, and that they will turn towards the wisdom of you. We pray that consequences of foolish actions will not be too much for them to bear, and that we will be able to help guide them through it. Lord, we know that foolishness will come, but we pray that it will come sparingly. We pray wisdom and knowledge and understanding over our sons. Lead them, guide them, direct them, and turn them towards you...

AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you found encouragement and joy from my posts. I would love to hear what you have to say! It is my responsibility to make sure all of the content is uplifting, respectful, and true. Any comments that are viewed as personal attacks, false accusations, and any use of profanity will not be tolerated. Thank you, and please leave a comment that I will be able to post so others can be encouraged through your words as well!