It's not quite a quiver full, but it's a start!

Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 14: Prayers for Kindness

"I desire therefore that men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting." 1 Timothy 2:8


{We've been praying over our sons now for two weeks. Have you been reading your Warrior Prayers book? I have really enjoyed the book, and I hope that you do too! How have things been going these few days? Have you found it easy to follow along, easy to participate, easy to pray? I hope you have seen some great changes through praying for your sons, even if it's only a change in your own attitude and heart.}

Day 14: Kindness

"What is desirable in a person is kindness." Proverbs 19:22a

If there's one thing that will have the greatest impact on how our sons are seen by others it is their kindness. It will influence how others see them, how they see others, and their effectiveness for the gospel. Our concern for others, our actions towards them, and our attitude towards others in general is a grave reflection of our need for kindness. I pray that kindness will not be something my sons struggle with. I pray that love and mercy will fill their actions and that kindness will result in all they do.


Lord, I pray that my sons' hearts will be filled with kindness. That their kindness towards others will always point toward You. I pray that they will not struggle when it comes to treating others with kindness. I pray that I can be an example of kindness to them...

AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you found encouragement and joy from my posts. I would love to hear what you have to say! It is my responsibility to make sure all of the content is uplifting, respectful, and true. Any comments that are viewed as personal attacks, false accusations, and any use of profanity will not be tolerated. Thank you, and please leave a comment that I will be able to post so others can be encouraged through your words as well!