It's not quite a quiver full, but it's a start!

Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 16: Prayers for Faithfulness

"Come let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before The Lord, our Maker. For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, the sheep of His hand." Psalm 96:6-7


{Do you feel like this prayers for sons has become a "chore"? If you have, I urge you to continue! Yes, it actually is a chore. It's work, it's time consuming, but it is just as important as sticking out those days when our sons just want to fight with us, when they just want to be disobedient and defiant. One way that I found to make it a little less of a "chore" is to make it spontaneous. Doing it at a different time each day, as you can tell by the timing of each post. There were nights when I realized, "Oh man, I haven't done my prayer over my sons today," and I had to take the time no matter how tired I was. There were some early mornings when I tried to get up before the sun...and my sons (and daughter)...Today I am excited about continuing because I slept in after a long week of Vacation Bible School last week. I am rested, recharged, and ready to go. I hope you can find some way to make sure this is remaining an important part of mothering rather than growing to be something you don't enjoy.}

Day 16: Faithfulness

"He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much." Luke 16:10

Like goodness there are few verses dealing with faithfulness when it comes to man. A vast majority of them simply deal with the faithfulness of God. This is one of the things I stressed when we began praying the Fruits of the Spirit over our sons. These are not things we can instill in them, not things that come naturally, and not even things that can be prayed into them. These are given to us at salvation and the evidence of these fruits will grow and multiply as our relationship and obedience to Christ grows.

So what is faithfulness? Simply stated, it is just sticking it out. Not straying, not leaving, not turning away. Faithfulness needs to be practiced in our everyday life: our relationships, our beliefs, our jobs. Let us pray that our sons will remain faithful to the Lord and His teachings, that they will remain faithful to their friends and their future spouse, and that they will be faithful to their commitments. Let us pray that no matter what they will "stick it out".




Lord, I pray that the spirit of faithfulness will be abundant in my sons. I pray that I will never forget the perfect model of your faithfulness to your creation, and that I will be a model to all who do not know you. Lord, I pray that faithfulness will be reflected in my sons' actions and speech. That they will remain faithful to You, to their beliefs, to their commitments in all that they do...

AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you found encouragement and joy from my posts. I would love to hear what you have to say! It is my responsibility to make sure all of the content is uplifting, respectful, and true. Any comments that are viewed as personal attacks, false accusations, and any use of profanity will not be tolerated. Thank you, and please leave a comment that I will be able to post so others can be encouraged through your words as well!