It's not quite a quiver full, but it's a start!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 17: Prayers for Gentleness

"Call to me and I will answer you. I will tell you great and mighty things that you do not know." Jeremiah 33:3



{IMPORTANT!!! My blog has been hacked and we are working to get it taken care of. However, posts are being changed, paragraphs deleted, etc. If you see content that you find disturbing please let me know since I cannot monoitor each and every post constantly for changes. and I'm really hoping to not have to take down the blog to fix this issue. Also ***DO NOT CLICK ON LINKS THAT ARE UNDERLINED*** Any links that I add (to Scriptures or previous posts) will NOT be underlined, they will simply be red. I am so sorry, and I hope to get it resolved soon!}

Day 17: Prayers for Gentleness

"Believers shouldn't curse anyone or be quarrelsome, but they should be gentle and show courtesy to everyone." Titus 3:2

I have previously shared my struggles with gentleness. I'm pretty sure every mother has struggled on occasion. It seems that something that should be most reflected in our speech and in our correction of our children is actually one of the hardest things to practice in the moment. In fact, it's something I was talking with a few other mothers about yesterday. My children will be screaming at me, at eachother, at the wall, at whatever it is they feel like screaming at, and here I come screaming right back, "Quit screaming! It's not nice! We don't scream at people!" *insert red face here* I mean really? Here I am screaming at them telling them not to scream because it's not nice. Mommy fail.

I pray that my sons will not struggle with gentleness the way that I do. Some people are just naturally more gentle than others, and I pray that maybe somehow they are just a little bit more naturally gentle. Apart from that all I can do is pray that they will come to know Christ, come to be filled with His Spirit, and come to put into practice the fruits that are placed in them. And I will pray that they will practice gentleness in abundance!



Lord, I pray over my sons gentleness. God, fill them with your spirit, guide them and direct them. Lord, help me to be an example of gentleness to them no matter how unnaturally it is for me. I know that no matter what you are there, that I have your power inside of me. I know that no matter what I can make the choice every single time. I know that I can chose to turn away from my flesh, from my short temper and mean spirit, and that I can instead choose gentleness. I can instead choose You. I pray that my struggle will not be a hinderence to my sons, Father. I pray that they will always have a gentle heart, a gentle spirit, and gentle actions...

AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you found encouragement and joy from my posts. I would love to hear what you have to say! It is my responsibility to make sure all of the content is uplifting, respectful, and true. Any comments that are viewed as personal attacks, false accusations, and any use of profanity will not be tolerated. Thank you, and please leave a comment that I will be able to post so others can be encouraged through your words as well!