It's not quite a quiver full, but it's a start!

Monday, November 21, 2011

Faith in Action

What are we as Christians doing to drown out the noise of the world? To protect others from the lies, the hatred, and the attacks that come from unbelievers (or as this video shows, those who claim to believe, but have no concept of God)? We should be rallying around each other, creating a physical buffer, and supporting our fellow believers when they come under attack. I pray that I do not just stand on the sidelines, or heaven forbid contribute to the attacks on my fellow believers, but that my faith would be an active faith. James 2:20-24 "But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected; and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, 'AND ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS,' and he was called the friend of God. You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone." Do your actions reflect your faith? Do they set you apart? Are your actions helping to spread the message of Christ, or are your actions, like so many others, bringing harm to the Kingdom?


Watch More Christian Videos on GodVine.com

2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking on the topic of works as an expression of faith a lot lately. I think it is a form of active prayer, when we help build the world we like to see. Even if that world never fully materializes on earth, at least we were true to our values. Any of can say we believe anything - it is what we do that demonstrates how invested we really are in those beliefs.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am just a novice Urban Homesteader at this point, but trying to learn a bit more each week. There is a blog hop you might like that runs every Monday: The Homesteading Barn Hop: http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2011/11/homestead-barn-hop-37.html
    A lot of participants are into Homesteading as an extension of their Christian values. I thought you might resonate with that.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful statement! I love that! You're spot on about our actions being "active prayer", I like to call it "worship". It's certainly not about performance, but our actions reflect our faith. Like you said, it shows how "invested" or how faithful we are to what we claim to believe! Without actions it shows that our faith is dead!

    Thanks for the link I'll definitely check it out! When I first started thinking about homesteading it really resonated in me about being a good steward of God's creation and what he has given to us. I'm glad to know there's others who feel the same!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you found encouragement and joy from my posts. I would love to hear what you have to say! It is my responsibility to make sure all of the content is uplifting, respectful, and true. Any comments that are viewed as personal attacks, false accusations, and any use of profanity will not be tolerated. Thank you, and please leave a comment that I will be able to post so others can be encouraged through your words as well!