It's not quite a quiver full, but it's a start!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Slow. Children At Play.

There is no greater joy in my life than watching my children from afar.

Their precious giggles...
the love God has knit into their hearts toward each other,
the pure joy that shines from them.

Every moment is special...
no time is wasted,
they live their lives with purpose.

As I watch them the years float away, the burdens are lifted, the love fills my heart.

They ask me to watch them...
my smile the only requirement for participation,
my presence the only expectation.

They grow before my eyes...
I can see it because time slows and quickens all at the same time,
the past and present mingling in one precious moment.

My life has passed me by quickly enough, regrets too many to count, missed opportunities never to recover.

I looked forward to this chapter for too long...
but my book is filling too quickly,
my time slipping away.

I've done too much for far too long...
I've accomplished far too little,
I've wasted far too often.

Today I will be still and cherish the moments as seconds mingle with the hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you found encouragement and joy from my posts. I would love to hear what you have to say! It is my responsibility to make sure all of the content is uplifting, respectful, and true. Any comments that are viewed as personal attacks, false accusations, and any use of profanity will not be tolerated. Thank you, and please leave a comment that I will be able to post so others can be encouraged through your words as well!