It's not quite a quiver full, but it's a start!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

It's Here, It's Here, It's Finally Here!


The countdown is on! Thanksgiving is over, so that means it is finally time to turn on the Christmas music, break out the decorations, and finish up all my holiday crafts! Although Christmas music at my house is kept to a minimum because I am such a bah-humbug about too many carols, don't ask me why because I have no idea. There is one thing that definitely gets me in the spirit...crafts!!! I mean, have you seem my "Amish at Heart" page? Come on, y'all, this is what I do! So, my project list is growing to enormous lengths, I have 5 days to finish the advent house I am building for the kids, and I am going to brave into making our Christmas ornaments this year (oh yes, I'm going to go there). And there will be no paper chains and posicle sticks (ok, there might actually be some paper chains). Confession time, I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I mean, hand painting for someone as OCD as I am has been a trial in and of itself, and it requires every ounce of strength to make myself love the not-so-perfect outcome of projects I pour hours into. Plus, I have expensive taste on the budget of a stay-at-home mom wife of a teacher, and I refuse to settle for less than what I want (why do you think we started building our own furniture anyway?) So here is my attempt to make Pottery Barn beautifulness and spend as close to nothing as possible. Pictures will be coming soon, but in the mean time check out this great free e-book  Handmade Holiday Decor at The Handmade Home! There's something in there for everyone, and I'm sure it will help to get you in the crafting mood!

Look for this logo to download your free ebook!

2 comments:

  1. I am the polar opposite of crafty...so checking out your Amish at Heart tab is just exactly what I need. My kiddos, especially my girls, LOVE to do crafts. I really need to make a better effort for their sakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey, if you are not crafty but want to be then you NEED to be on pinterest!!! Towards the bottom left side bar is a follow me on pinterest bar...you need to check it out! If you need an invite let me know and I can email you one. It's hard to explain how it works, but basically you just save pictures of things that you see online or on the pinterest website that you like. It is the PERFECT place to get ideas of easy crafts (especially check out my KIDS board)! I'm super crafty, but had trouble getting things for me and the kids to do and that's where I got most of my inspiration for those kinds of things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you found encouragement and joy from my posts. I would love to hear what you have to say! It is my responsibility to make sure all of the content is uplifting, respectful, and true. Any comments that are viewed as personal attacks, false accusations, and any use of profanity will not be tolerated. Thank you, and please leave a comment that I will be able to post so others can be encouraged through your words as well!